Warranty Terms and Conditions (As at 5 August 2021)
Epson Malaysia Sdn Bhd (“Epson”) reserves the right to amend these Standard Warranty Terms and Conditions from time to time without prior notice to you. The latest version of the Standard Warranty Terms and Conditions shall be posted on Epson's webpage, and shall supersede all earlier versions of the terms and conditions, including but not limited to those set out in the hard copy warranty card bundled with your Product during your initial purchase. You should visit Epson's webpage periodically for the latest applicable Standard Warranty Terms and Conditions.
When you (a) register your Product warranty (“Warranty”) online, and/or (b) send or request for the servicing or repairs of the Product at an Epson Service Centre or the Epson Authorised Service Provider, you are deemed to have been aware of, and agree to be bound by, the latest Standard Warranty Terms and Conditions as set out herein.
1. During the Warranty Period (as defined below), Epson hereby warrants that the product you have purchased ("Product") is free from manufacturing defects that would substantially affect the function of the Product under normal installation and use, subject to these terms and conditions. You are required to retain information relating to the proof of date of purchase of the Product (or date of installation of the Product, where applicable) (“Unit Purchase Date”) in order for Epson to fulfil this Warranty with respect to your Product.
2. The duration of this Warranty ("Warranty Period") based on the applicable Product is as follows:
The Warranty and Warranty Periods stated within these Standard Warranty Terms and Conditions are only applicable in respect of Products purchased in Malaysia only. For more information please call the Epson Helpdesk at 1800-81-7349.
3. Epson will only be liable, at its sole discretion, to repair the Product, provide parts for the repair of the Product, replace the Product with a refurbished unit, replace the Product with a new or refurbished unit of at least equal functionality or require you to return the defective Product to an authorized service provider during the Warranty Period. All decisions made by Epson in respect of the product shall be final and conclusive and you agree to be bound by such decisions. Any defective Product or part thereof replaced shall become the property of Epson.
4. This warranty shall be rendered null and void if:
a. The Product is damaged (i) in transit, (ii) by vermin/insects, (iii) through the spillage of liquid, (iv) through any other improper use or mishandling by you after the purchase of the Product; and/or (v) as a result of natural disasters or other acts of God;
b. The Product is installed, maintained, operated or used other than in accordance with the instructions provided by Epson in relation to the Product;
c. The Product is altered, modified, serviced or repaired by a party not authorized by Epson;
d. The Product is used in conjunction with non-genuine Epson consumables, including but not restricted to third party ink cartridges, ribbon cartridges, toner cartridges, refill kits, continuous ink systems, non-genuine media or any other such products; or
e. The warranty Card is lost, damaged or has been tampered with.
5. This warranty does not apply to:
a. Transportation, delivery and/or incidental costs incurred in the fulfillment of this warranty;
b. Maintenance kits and parts requiring replacement due to normal wear and tear, corrosion, rust or stain or accessories (e.g. cables, etc.) and components which are designed to be non-reusable (e.g. fuses, etc.);
c. Consumables and/or accessory parts used in relation to the Products, including but not restricted to print media, etc.;
d. Products for which the model or serial number has been tampered with removed, altered or obliterated from the Product;
e. Defects or damage caused by the use of or interaction with third party accessories, optional products or consumables in conjunction with the Product; and
f. Defects or damage arising from computer virus attacks; and
g. Data and/or application recovery and restoration on the Product.
h. For further limitations and exclusions to certain specified Epson Products, please refer to “EXCLUSIONS, LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTY COVERAGE FOR SPECIFIED PRODUCTS” under Section C below.
6. Where applicable, you are required to perform a complete data and application back-up before sending the Product for repairs. While Epson will attempt to minimise the chance of data and application loss, Epson shall not be responsible for the condition of the data and application before and after the diagnostics and repairs of the Product. Epson shall not be responsible for any data and application loss for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to computer failures during the servicing of the Product, or the formatting of the hard drive of the Product during the repair and/or replacement of the operating system software of the Product.
7. Except as set forth above, there are no other express or implied warranties whether written or oral by any other party in respect of the Product that shall be binding on Epson.
8. This warranty is only valid in relation to Products installed and used in the country of purchase and shall not extend to any Products not supplied by Epson's authorized distributors and retailers in that country.
9. By registering this warranty with Epson, you hereby acknowledge that you are informed and are aware of your rights and liabilities under the relevant laws governing the purchase and use of the Product. Any implied warranties, conditions of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose are disclaimed to the fullest extent permitted by law, and where they are imposed by law, they shall be limited to the Warranty Period or the shortest period possible under operation of such law.
10. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Epson and/or their holding, subsidiaries, affiliates, authorized distributors, dealers and retailers shall not be liable to the Customer for any special, incidental, indirect or consequential loss or damages whatsoever (including without limitation, damages for loss of data, revenue, business, profits, goodwill or contracts, business interruption, loss of business information, or any other pecuniary loss), costs, expenses or other claims for compensation howsoever arising (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) from the use of the Product.
11. If any provisions of this warranty are judged to be illegal or unenforceable, those provisions shall be severed from this warranty and the continuation in full force and effect of the remaining provisions shall not be prejudiced. Epson reserves the right to amend or modify the terms and conditions of this warranty without prior notice to you.
12. The terms and conditions of this warranty are governed by the laws prevailing in the country of purchase and any dispute arising thereto is subject to the jurisdiction of the relevant courts of the country of purchase.
B. Print Head Warranty Coverage (General)
1. This Print Head Warranty Coverage forms part of, and is expressly subject to, Epson’s Standard Warranty Terms and Conditions, the full terms of which can be found above. Epson reserves the right to repair and/or replace any part or whole of the print head in its sole and absolute discretion.
2. For the avoidance of doubt, this shall not apply to any Print Heads and Products:
a. as specified under “EXCLUSIONS, LIMITATIONS ON WARRANTY COVERAGE FOR SPECIFIED PRODUCTS” under Section C below, and
b. for SureColor – R Series Products.
3. Please note that the Print Head Warranty Coverage is aligned with the standard product Warranty Period. This means that the Print Head Warranty Coverage shall be extended or reduced correspondingly, depending on the standard product Warranty Period.
4. For Epson printers with a standard product warranty period of more than 1 year, the Print Head Warranty Coverage shall be extended to match the duration of the relevant product Warranty Period. To find out more about the standard product Warranty Period, please click see above.
a. For Epson L-series and M-series Inkjet Printers:
The Print Head Warranty Coverage for Epson L-series and M-series Inkjet Printers shall lapse upon the expiration of 6/12/24 months or after 3,000/9,000/15,000/30,000/50,000/80,000 prints (see above, depending on the applicable product model), whichever is earlier from the Unit Purchase Date.
For instance, after the Epson L110 printer has completed 15,000 prints, both the standard product Warranty and the Print Head Warranty Coverage shall lapse, even though the printer may have been in use for less than 12 months.
b. For Epson printers with the Epson CoverPlus Warranty, the Print Head Warranty Coverage shall be extended to match the duration of the Epson Coverplus product Warranty.
5. Please contact our Epson Helpdesk at 1800-81-7349 for more information.
C. Exclusions, Limitations on Warranty Coverage for Specified Products
1. Without prejudice to any other limitations and terms as set out under these Standard Warranty Terms and Conditions, the following are exclusions to Epson’s Standard Warranty Terms and Conditions, in relation to certain specified Epson Products as indicated in the table below (hereinafter referred to as “Products (Self-Repair)”).
2. The Warranty coverage for the Products (Self-Repair) shall be subject to the following exclusions:
a. With respect to the Products (Self-Repair) below, the following parts / components shall not be covered under any warranty whatsoever:
i. all Print Heads; and
ii. all Anti Drying Caps (where applicable)
b. Epson shall only provide spare Print Heads and Anti Drying Caps (where applicable) with respect to the Products (Self-Repair) in the following cases, in the following manner:
c. The Product Warranty shall not cover, and Epson shall not be liable for any defect or malfunction of your Product and/or any personal injury or such other damage that is caused by misuse, improper handling, improper installation of the Product and/or Print Head(s) and/or Anti Drying Cap(s) which is not carried out in accordance with the training and instructions provided under Self-Repair Warranty and/or otherwise as provided under these Standard Warranty Terms and Conditions.
D. Print Head Exchange Program
1. The terms of Epson’s Print Head Exchange Program hereunder shall only be applicable to the following eligible Products and Print Heads:
a. Additional Print Heads bundled with Products (Self-Repair) under Self Repair Warranty;
b. Additional Print Heads purchased from Epson (and/or Epson’s authorised service providers) under Self-Repair Warranty.
c. Additional Print Heads provided and/or purchased for SureColor – R Series Products.
2. Where an Additional Print Head is found to be wholly defective within three (3) months from the date on which such Additional Print Head is installed on your Product (as determined by Epson in its sole and absolute discretion), such Additional Print Head may be eligible for Epson’s Print Head Exchange Program, by which:
a. Such Additional Print Head shall be returned to Epson in accordance with Epson’s instructions; and
b. Epson may exchange the returned Additional Print Head with a new Additional Print Head.
3. You and/or the end-user shall ensure that all Additional Print Heads are at all times:
a. Kept and maintained in accordance with the storage and maintenance conditions as set out on/ within the packaging of the Additional Print Head; and
b. In the case of Products (Self-Repair), handled and installed in accordance with Epson’s instructions, manuals, and all other directions for the replacement of Print Heads under the Self-Repair Warranty (see Section C above).
4. In addition, Additional Print Heads shall not be altered, modified, serviced or repaired by a party not authorised by Epson, and shall not be used conjunction with non-genuine Epson consumables, including but not limited to third party ink cartridges, ribbon cartridges, toner cartridges, refill kits, continuous ink systems, non-genuine media or any other such products.
5. Where any Additional Print Head(s) are not maintained, handled and/or installed in accordance with these terms (as determined by Epson in its sole and absolute discretion), such Additional Print Head(s) shall not be eligible for the Print Head Exchange Program.
6. Please contact our Epson Helpdesk at 1800-81-7349 for more information about the Print Head Exchange Program.
Epson Malaysia Online Product Warranty Registration
Epson Malaysia Online Product Warranty Status