Honeywell MS5145-38-3 Barcode Scanner ( MK5145-31A38K )
Single-Line Laser Scanner
Honeywell’s EclipseTM 5145 is a low cost laser-based alternative to CCD scanners. Its compact form factor and high end feature set simplify its use in a variety of applications at the press of a button.
Eclipse is a single-line, hand-held laser scanner. Equipped with Honeywell’s patented CodeGate® technology, Eclipse can be used in a wide variety of applications. CodeGate® technology allows the user to easily target the desired bar code and complete data transmission with the press of a single button. This makes Eclipse a perfect selection for menu scanning, point-of-sale, document processing and inventory control.
With Honeywell’s state-of-the-art scanning technology, the Eclipse 5145 has a longer working range and a wider scan field than a typical CCD. The width of the scan line grows as the scanner moves further away from bar codes.
CodeSense® is a unique feature employed by Eclipse in the absence of infrared object detection. It provides the user with a pulsing laser line for bar code detection. When a bar code is detected, the laser line switches to a constant state to allow for scanning via CodeGate®.
• CodeGate: Zero in on desired code and complete data transmission with the push of a single button—ideal for menu scanning applications
• CodeSense: Automatically wakes scanner from sleep mode when a bar code is detected
• Powerlink Cables: Uses the same user-replaceable cables and power supplies as Voyager® and Orbit®
• Flash ROM: Protects POS investment with free firmware updates via MetroSet2 software and standard PC
• OPOS and JPOS System Compatible: Easily adaptable to any end-user system environment
Eclipse 5145 Technical Specifications
MechanicalDimensions (LxWxH) : 169 mm x 63 mm x 51 mm (6.7˝ x 2.5˝ 2.0˝
Weight : 100 g (3.5 oz)
ElectricalOperating Power : 675 mW (125 mA @ 5 V)
Host System Interfaces : USB, RS232, Keyboard Wedge, IBM 468xx (RS485)
Scan Pattern : Single scan line
Scan Speed : 72 scan lines per second
Scan Angle : Horizontal: 50°
Print Contrast : 35% minimum reflectance difference
Pitch, Skew : 68°, 52°
Decode Capability : Reads standard 1D and GS1 DataBar symbologies.
Warranty : 3 year factory warranty